To assist our clients gain strength and healing through individualized, compassionate and comprehensive therapy and care.
To provide culturally competent and wellness-focused services that promote quality of life and assist in managing of mental well-being, while addressing social and emotional challenges that currently exist.
Our core values reflect inclusive health practices and cultural needs of the wide range of populations and groups we serve. These include:
- Empowerment: We believe in fostering the autonomy of our clients through our services.
- Community: We believe in community-based care and tailoring our services to the needs of our community.
- Diversity: Respect for the unique preferences and backgrounds of our clients and staff.
- Quality: We are committed to the excellence of quality services we deliver.
- Teamwork: Collaboration and partnership both inside and outside of our center.
- Awareness: Awareness through education and early intervention strategies for our client’s mental well-being.
We live by our values – they influence the way we treat our patients, interact with all our stakeholders and engage with our community.
Our Guiding Principles
- Every person, regardless of their disability, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic status or sexual orientation, has the right and responsibility to full potential in our society, the right to be treated with compassion, respect and dignity, free from stigma and prejudice.
- Mental health is essential to personal well being and is fundamental to achieving a healthy, balanced and productive life.
- Unless we promote community understanding of mental illness, plus tolerance and acceptance of people living with the illness, people will continue to avoid talking about mental illness and also avoid seeking help.
- The goal of treatment is recovery. It is important for those with a mental illness to be an integral part of their recovery process – decisions, programs, support groups and medication regimens.
- Maintain an independent licensure and/or are supervised in their areas of expertise.
- Are culture competent and are here to provide appropriate and accessible wellness services in the context of cultural resilience while overcoming the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Encourage clients to take an active role in their treatments.